- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cup persimmon pulp, puréed (4-5 very ripe and soft Fuyu persimmons)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon five spice
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- Using the paddle attachment on your mixer, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Add persimmon pulp purée and mix until combined.
- Sift the dry ingredients together; flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, and then slowly add into the mixer on low speed. Mix until just combined.
- Blend in the oats and dried cranberries. Mix on low speed until combined, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Portion the dough (about 1 1/4 tablespoons) onto a parchment paper lined sheet pan. Use your fingers or a spoon to flatten the dough into 1/4-inch thick cookies, the dough will be slightly sticky.
- Top with extra cranberries if desired. Make sure that the cookies are at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 335°F until almost firm and golden brown, approximately 14 to 16 minutes.
- Cool on a sheet tray for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy these cake-y breakfast cookies from outer space,